The status messages are flowing in my mind, uncertainities about myself are looming again, stories about eccentric profs are in the air, today is not like yesterday, tomorrow is not like anything I know of, the penny pinching is back, the rumours are traveling far and wide, the batch girls are being courted, the who's whos are being picked, the who's thats are being teased, and sleep is back to the glory it had in pre-exam days.
The books, the bags, the lawns, the library, the i-card, the classes, the mess and the local pan-walla. All these fixtures from memory have re-appeared in their modified avatars. Perhaps they are not modified at all. Perhaps I have changed since the time I met them first. I guess they have always remained permanent fixtures, greeting the students that arrive and bidding farewell the ones that leave. The constants in the flow.
It is comforting that somethings do not change with time and it really is nice to be a student again!
No comments:
Post a Comment