Of all the lessons life teaches you, an important but often overlooked one is not to
take bath in old people's bathroom :)
I happened to do that today, on my trip to mini didi's place. There was no particular reason for choosing that bathroom, but I guess it seemed like the logical thing to do, given that the other bathroom was occupied and I was running late. I realized my mistake as soon as I turned on the shower and nothing happened. Though I don't usually express my approval for people who dance naked under the shower inside the bathroom walls, but it is true that I do approve of such people. I believe that people who don't dance naked under the shower inside the bathroom walls are very less likely to do something more amusing in the rest of their day. So a shower that didn't work was already a bad sign. Well, being the perennial engineer, I picked up a comb and started working at the holes and was soon able to prove my mettle as an instrumentation engineer just as the water started pouring out. But it was just the beginning.
Then came the shampoo. Remember seeing those big one liter bottles of hideously colored liquid with the word "herbal" stamped all over the cover. Well there it was and under the name it said "suits all hair types", probably a phrase too ambitious to be used on a Rs. 30 bottle. Or maybe it means it treats all hair types with the same respect that a detergent shows to different types of cloth. Anyways this was enough for me to skip the shampoo part and I chose not to torture my hair cells in their uneventful after life.
Then it was soap. I picked up another piece of "herbal" cosmetics, this time a conspicuous looking brown colored bar, with no fragrance to give it away. Well I went about running it across my body and it was to be honest quite OK, except for the fact it didn't lather at all. It was only when I put it on my face that I could smell what it was. Remember " multani mitti" ? The utterly useless household remedy supposed to fight acne? Well that was what the soap was made of! And I don't know about you, but regardless of nationality or origin, I don't like mud. So even if the mud had traveled all the way from eastern Pakistan to finally find its calling in life, the idea of being covered in mud from head to toe, while in the process of cleaning oneself is not very appealing. Anyways that was my last attempt at completing the process. I just cleaned up and left.
"You'll never understand old people till you are too old"
No comments:
Post a Comment