Monday, August 14, 2006

Gaurav Gulati (1983 -2006) 431/ICE/2001



The gravity of death doesn't hit you till its someone really close. Sure I've read about the thousands dying in Lebanon, and I've heard about people dying in accidents and in floods. But nothing shocked me like the news about Gulati. 
  I can see him when i close my eyes. His lank figure, his long canines, his plain formal shirts and his round naughty eyes behind his photochromatic glasses. Enthusiastic in all his endeavours from Coding to Cat. From talking to night outs. He was a sport,  great listener and an intelligent talker. 
  I am still unsure how to react. Gulli if you can hear me buddy.. take good care of yourself mate!! And I wish God would give your family strength to overcome this grief. May you soul rest in peace. You may have gone physically but in our hearts you'd live forever! FULLY!

4 comments:

  1. You on about Tarleton/Preston G?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote this. Gaurav was my classmate at engineering. Do you know him too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaurav never studied engineering he was a film studies at UCLan who went on to Oxford to train to be a teacher. I had known him at University and right up until he ended his life, I attended his funeral. Everyone who knew him was hit very hard by his untimely passing.

    ReplyDelete